Emotional branding is something that pushes a client to choose particularly your brand among lots of others.
Emotions are a powerful tool for increasing sales. They can be formally divided into positive (joy, pleasure, nostalgia) and negative (remorse, anxiety, fear) ones. The main point is to precisely identify what exactly motivates your target audience. You can evoke a deep nostalgia by offering someone to try an ice-cream, the taste of which reminds them of a Soviet “plombir”. Or you can evoke an anxiety by telling about the invisible bacteria, which spreads around one’s apartment literally every minute, promising that only your product can stop this.
An essential aspect of the Internet marketing is establishing relationships between a brand and its consumer. Not only you need to have a memorable logo and recognisable colour combination, but also be able to induce emotions in people. Furthermore, according to statistics, 70% of purchases are done under the influence of emotions and only the remaining 30% are rational purchases.
Think carefully about what your brand can bring to a client and how their emotions would change after a purchase. It would help you understand more clearly what to put stakes on, increasing chances that among twenty other companies, selling, for instance, decorative cosmetics, a client will choose particularly yours.
An excellent instance of emotional branding is set by Coca-Cola company. It successfully demonstrates the relevance of its product at any time of a year. In winter we can’t imagine a New Year’s advertising without “Holidays are coming” with the familiar red trucks and Santa. In summer Cola is the best refreshing beverage, and in spring and autumn without fail emerge posters with a young couple, who are just overflowed with love, so they dance under the rain with a bottle of guess what.
Surely, one would need a lot of energy and time to develop an emotional branding strategy correctly.
Nevertheless, this would establish firm relationships with your audience, which will allow you to stay in the game for a long time.
Experiment and you will succeed!
Do you have any questions? Write them here!