The location should either have natural light or be provided with good quality equipment. Set up your shot against a plain background, which may later become a recognizable element in your videos. Add some fun decoration and include a background blur effect when shooting for a 'pretty picture'.
Experiment with locations and mix up your videos so you don't bore your subscribers. There are even special studios for shooting Tik Tok videos. For example, in the SkyMall shopping mall in Kyiv, a Selfie Room space was opened. There are more than 20 themed locations with professional lighting and various props. This location is very convenient to come here with your script, as your stay is limited.
1. If you don't have a pro camera but a phone, GREAT, everything fits!
2. At the top of the list is the light! It saves any picture and makes it higher quality. For shooting, you can use a lamp, a tripod, and it's easy to bring it to the right place. Don't forget the natural light as well, catching the sunlight and taking pictures.
3. A small, portable tripod - you never know when the next great idea for a shoot might strike.
4. A microphone for high-quality sound if you plan to broadcast and share.
5. Backgrounds for filming, chromakey, furnishings.
With the venue and equipment in place, now let's get down to the essentials - filming your video.
✓ Engage the viewer from the first shots, you have 3 seconds to grab their attention;
✓ Show the story as clearly and concisely as possible, this platform is loved for its simplicity;
✓ Add humor and an easy pitch;
✓ Try to anticipate at which part of your video the person might be bored and try to correct this by adding dynamics;
✓ Be inspirational, but DO NOT COPY; be sure to create something of your own, stand out with a recognizable "thing", even if it is a challenge.
✓ Analyze what your audience likes and implement that kind of content.
- Subscribe to popular ticktockers as they set and pick up trends.
- Follow popular ticktockers in your niche to keep up with the competition.
- Study the topics of foreign bloggers.
The most popular and trendy videos are born abroad. Many successful ideas come from there. So, by analyzing foreign trends and shooting them in your profile, you can become the first to succeed on your platforms.
- Devote 30 minutes a day to checking the recommended tab for new trends and challenges.
- Don't forget to look at the discover tab in the Tik Tok app itself.
Experiment and create your unique look. Once you find the role you feel most comfortable in, your audience will find you.
- Lip Sync - the hero of a video performs a song with sound. The key to success is the acting and facial expressions rehearsed hitting the words and music. You have to thoroughly live and feel the meaning and dynamics, then the video will come out organic. Choose something you like, and that suits your mood and image. Blindly copying is simply becoming invisible amongst other users who fail to gain an audience.
- Do you have hobbies and certain skills? Show them off! Tricks, sketching, playing a musical instrument, cooking - a beautifully and engagingly produced video will earn you recognition and likes.
- DIY (Do It Yourself) is a short workshop on any subject. You don't have to be a pro or have a talent - just show the audience how you cleaned your trainers, decorate your flat, came up with a new makeup trick, or even cleaned your bathroom with pink domestic (that's the trend right now:).
- Dancing has taken over Tik Tok and is one of the most popular types of content. Come up with your dance and maybe tomorrow your favorite Tik Toker will dance it.
- Take part in a challenge, shoot until the video is "shot".
Sometimes you need to shoot a FAST video or something instantly beautiful. Often a spontaneous video like this goes viral. It will get a lot of views and it will be shared not only on Tik Tok but all over the internet.
What a user does - he takes out his smartphone, tries to get to the camera of the Tik Tok application, then aims the lens, and maybe even manages to shoot something, but this is not always the case.
What should you do?
About the popular #POV video content
POV stands for point of view.
What POVs are:
1. Prepare: change the appearance, choose items for your character, think about the location, choose your clothes.
2. Set up the lighting and stabilize the camera.
3. Add music: choose from a list of popular songs.
4. It is important to use the text in the description and the text in the video as subtitles (it's a kind of series).
IMPORTANT: to fill the description correctly:
Use Tik Tok's built-in features in different ways - it all depends on your profile idea and creativity.
Speed variation. Slowing down and speeding up your video adds excitement to your video and helps put focus on the right sections.
Duet. A kind of reaction or way to cover another user's post - one side of the screen displays the original video and the other side displays what you shot.
Facial Motion (Capture). The effect (when the camera suddenly shows a character's face close-up) was often used in old movies to 'emphasize' a dramatic moment. In Tik Tok, you can do this with the Face Close-up mask.
Transformations. It's hard to count all the masks that will change your face beyond recognition. You can even act out a skit for multiple characters if you wish.
Every day there are new trends, the main thing is to REACT, TAKE AND SUCCEED in time!
Alla Lysenko, content maker at Kiwi Agency