It is not difficult to understand how the Pinterest platform is arranged. Pinterest is a kind of online wish list. Imagine that you have a board hanging on the wall where you stick what you want (dream car, fly there, buy it and be sure to do it).
Previously, to visualize our dreams (as psychologists advise us) we needed to find a magazine, the right picture, cut, paste and now — go to Pinterest and kick (* English – pin with a paper button) the right picture.
Interestingly, you go there once, and that's it, now Pinterest will pick the best recommendations for you… and 9 out of 10 it works out.
In plain words, Pinterest is a catalog with billions of photos of everything your heart desires.
The main plus for business – people come here not after the purchase, as is often on Instagram, but before it.
The survey confirmed this: 70% use the platform to plan something, and 48% Pinterest helps to make a purchase decision.
Before going shopping, the girls go to the platform to make a mood board of images that are fashionable in the new season.
Someone is planning a vacation… someone is inspired by ideas for a future birthday or renovation.
We are looking there for inspiration or references for future shootings.
Interesting fact: Makeup artist Megan Markle said that she took her wedding makeup from Pinterest.
Promotion on Pinterest = is well-indexed by Google, and allows you to rise in the search engine to the top.
If you are a business selling services or products, then you should appear on the Pinterest platform and "pin" a few photos. Photo of goods, advertising photos, reviews, work process, image photos. Regular work with Pinterest cross-promo Instagram pages links to the site, YouTube channel, or Tik Tok and as a result new orders.
Promotion in Ukraine on the Pinterest platform is not very developed yet, so it's time to take a good position while there are few competitors.
Yes, the number of users has increased in recent years, but there is very little content in Ukrainian. And if you do a little experiment – enter your query in Ukrainian and English you will immediately see that the content in Ukrainian does not reach large numbers.
But in terms of English-language content, the competition is high.
P.S While it is possible to use this platform, use it, content can be adapted from shooting for Instagram.
Let's move on to detailed instructions that will easily help you promote your Pinterest by yourself.
How do properly design your pin?
1. The photo format must be adapted for mobile devices because 80% of users use it from a mobile device.
2. Publish photos in different formats, but not horizontally.
It is important to follow the following recommendations:
- the picture must be high quality and bright
- the center of the picture attracts the user's attention, so we must put our product for better perception.
- If the purpose of the picture is to sell, then it should be clear why or for whom this product or service is.
- Do not forget about the logo (it is also possible to add a slogan)
- Add a call to action, such as "follow the link to purchase"
How to promote a picture on Pinterest?
Don't compare Instagram and Pinterest – they are different networks and promotion mechanisms are completely different.
For example, on Instagram, promotion is more through the hashtag, and on Pinterest, keywords work. (Although hashtags and keywords are present in the two networks). In other words, promotion on Pinterest is SEO.
How to start on Pinterest?
1. Complete the profile and transfer it to a business account to access statistics.
2. Remember two-factor authentication for the security of your account.
3. Select a photo/logo and select the "name" of the page (the name in the account can be filled with keywords and it will be indexed by search and lead customers).
4. In the "Profile Information" tell us what the account is about and how it will be useful to potential customers. Add contacts and site address.
5. Link to an Instagram page, YouTube channel, or even Tik Tok.
Can other pins be used?
You can, and even need to – by using and sharing other people's pins you promote your account. The Pinterest algorithm captures pin resolves.
Pinterest contains more than 280 billion pins, and for your profile to advance, you need to pin 6-8 images a day. The more photos, the more likely the account is popular. The main difference between the network and Instagram (where stories live 24 hours, and the publication - 48) pins last more than 4 months. There will be no quick return, you have to wait and everything will be. The profile is developing slowly but surely.
Here are some recommendations from Kiwi Agency:
- Posting should be regular, if possible – daily.
- Choose the right time to publish – remember that the distribution of content to potential customers is in chronological order.
- Test the content: pictures, text, titles, topics, keywords, and description. Regularly check and analyze which pin "came in" better.
- Periodically repeat the colors of your pins (can be branded colors), because the Pinterest algorithm is configured to issue similar visually designed pins.
- Use your Pinterest cross-promo account on other networks.
Promoting on Pinterest can be an additional channel for the influx of customers and increase the popularity of your brand.
Account development will not be immediate, it takes 3-4 months to understand whether you need to make an effort to develop this channel and whether it works for your brand at all.
For regular posting, you can use deferred posting, which is available on the Pinterest platform itself.
As for paid advertising, it does not work in Ukraine yet but stay tuned and we will be sure to report it on our social networks.
Therefore, promotion on Pinterest is free, and everything created for Instagram can be easily adapted for the Pinterest platform.
While others do not believe and postpone promotion in this network, we recommend that immediately after this article, download the application and use all the opportunities.